We are experiencing this Arctic blast for the next few days and will be having temp's in the teens at night. Brr!!!! It's in the 40's now and not as bad as I thought it was going to be. We had to get out this morning for my follow-up Dr. appt. Emily went and stayed with daddy at his office while I went to the Dr. It was peaceful and nice getting to go somewhere for an hour by myself, even if it was to the Dr. I got a good "report", but my lungs still sound pretty bad. She didn't really give me anything to take, but the Advair and some Allegra. I did get a breathing treatment while there, and it immediately started helping. It was starting to break up. She just said to keep taking the expectorate cough medicine and drink alot. Hopefully it will clear up soon. I did exercise yesterday, something I can't do on cold days with the asthma though.
Speaking of cold days, I am trying to liven up things and do fun activities since we can't get outside. I just wanted to share with you what all we did yesterday. After breakfast we "fed" the ducks.
Emily got her playdough (that we made the day before) and began pinching pieces of it off and throwing it on the floor to the toy ducks. It was TOO cute. After that we pulled out all my cookie cutters and played playdough for 45 minutes! After that was story time. I just bought some Hooked On Phonics stuff for toddlers and it's really cool. It has little books, flashcards, and a CD with it. After story time we played "shopping". This game is my favorite b/c I just sit on the couch while she takes her little cart all over the house "buying" things, then she brings it to me and I "check-out" everything. After lunch we baked gingerbread cookies (or they turned out little bites of gingerbread b/c they're soft). Then we took some next door to Sandy our neighbor. After that I realized it wasn't too cold in the sun so we played outside for 45 minutes then she napped. All in all we managed to have a fun day even though it was COLD all day. I hope tomorrow won't be too bad. Hope you all have a great weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment