Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prayer Request

I just received an e-mail from a dear friend of mine, who use to live here in Macon, but is now back home in TN, Diana Barr. Some of you remember her, and I ask you be in prayer for their family. I'll attach her e-mail...

Hey Jennifer..I hope you all are doing well. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are having a great start to the New Year. I wanted to let you know about a situation that my family is currently facing. On Christmas Eve, my older brother Steve was taken to the ER in Knoxville. We found out that night that he had a perforated colon. He was in the hospital for over a week and returned to the hospital on Friday for surgery. During the surgery they found a large mass on his colon which had attached to the bladder. The surgeon removed that, but we were told that it has spread to his liver.

Although some of us thought it was probably cancer, you are still never ready to hear those words. The Oncologist has not been in yet, but should be meeting with them soon. My brother knows that it was cancer and spots are on the liver, but he does not know it is stage 4. He does know that he will be starting chemo at some point.

We are not sure when the chemo will start, because he may have to try and put on a little weight. His weight loss since August has been tremendous and has just continued in the last month or so. He looks much smaller then me at this point. We know that short of a miracle, things do not look promising long term at this point. We haven't been given a timeline yet. They want to see how my brother reacts to the chemo.Please pray for Steve and his wife Khristanne and their 3 precious girls (10, 6 and 4 years old). My heart breaks for the girls and for my parents. My parents are having a really difficult time. Please pray that Travis and I, and my younger brother Jason can provide the support all of them need. I love ya and would love to see you soon. Diana
==================================================================
On another note, I took Emily to the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Dr. this morning about her ears, and he said that he advises us get tubes, which is exactly what I was hoping he'd say. I know that we're about to be starting another season of repeated infections like last year this time, and I don't want her to lose her hearing and be in such pain till June! It is scheduled for February 20th, so please be praying for her and the surgery. I hope you all are having a great COLD day, and stay warm.

No comments: