Monday, January 26, 2009

It's Monday

Well it's a new week and the weekend flew by since Glenn had to work all day on Saturday. We went for a walk when he got home and it was fun. We've not been walking, all 3 of us together, since summer. With the time change and it getting darker earlier Emily and I walk before he gets home. I'm just now feeling like my old self again. I exercised 4 days last week. I did aerobics one of those days too!!! I just got finished walking 2 miles on the treadmill, at 3.8 mph. I never thought I'd get back to exercising without feeling like I was going to pass out. Thank you for all the prayers! God is our true healer for sure.

Emily has been very good today, and that is a praise to the Lord. She has been showing her true two colors since Friday. She defiantly says "NO" to everything I ask her to do. It's mainly been with me, I guess because I'm with her the most. We went back to church last night for children's choir and when I went to pick her up she kept telling me "no" with this little look on her face like, "just try and make me". I gave her a little bit and told her if she didn't come on she would get a spanking. Well she came on, but she continued being very bossy, rude and defiant as we got home and ate supper. Finally as we were sitting on the floor and I was trying to play with her, she hit at me and I just threw my hands up and told daddy to handle her, and that I was going to take a bath. Well I heard her screaming for a minute, but I just turned on the water and had me some "Jennifer time". When I came out she was different, and Glenn had talked to her. I asked him later what he told her and he said he just told her that she had to be good for me b/c I loved her and take good care of her. Isn't that sweet. He also told her she had to be good today, and so far she's been pretty good. Whew!!!! I can't imagine parenting alone like some people have to do (or choose to do).

I hope you all have a great week. We will doing story time tomorrow, and I just found out some other friends of mine are bringing their kids their too so it'll be really fun. Emily will probably try to show them around because she thinks it's "her " library because we go every week. Too funny.

No comments: