Well Glenn broke down and went to the Doc in the box last night (after we smoked the whole house up...another story). He has a pretty bad sinus infection and crud stuff. They put him on antibiotics and prednisone (I'm jealous...wish I could've had all that). He's felt pretty rough today and has sat watching westerns and halmark movies all day :) Emily on the other hand is feeling ok I guess. I took her back to the Dr. and her left ear is still bad infected. I'm glad I took her on with the weekend and all. I'm taking her to the ENT on Tuesday and hope he'll do something for her. We went through all this last year this time, and I don't want her to have to do it again. You wouldn't ever know she's sick, she's been in a better mood today than she has all week. Probably b/c she's had 2 doses of a new antibiotic and it's starting to work. I'm just praying all this clears up soon...especially this frigid cold weather we've had...brr...brr.
Speaking of frigid cold weather, I was trying to make it all cozy last night before supper and started a fire in the fireplace (one of those self clean burning log things). Well I started smelling smoke while cooking supper. Glenn & Emily were in the living room and I kept telling Glenn it was getting stronger. Well you know me and my paranoia I kept saying something wasn't right. SO we checked the box and it said you can put it out by pouring water on it. Glenn told me that it was going to make even more smoke, but did I believe him? NO. When it started billowing back into the living room I went and got a fan to blow it back into the fireplace when he poured the water on...well the fan just made the fire get bigger and the most more intense. We finally just poured water on it to make it go out, WHILE we had a living room full of smoke and fire alarms going off everywhere. I sent Emily immediately to her room while this was going on (she didn't cry) and shut off all the rooms so the smoke wouldn't go into the rooms. Then we opened all the doors and windows and turned on all the fans. This only happened on the COLDEST night of the year so far. We fixed our plates for supper and went into Emily's room to eat...the cleanest and warmest room in the house. After we enjoyed our picnic we went back in to see how the air was and it was clear...but the house was FREEZING. We got the heat going and closed it all up and things warmed up fast. That's when Glenn headed to the Dr. It was a very eventful evening...don't you wish you could've been here to experience it :)
I hope you all have a safe, warm weekend. Maybe the next time I post everyone will be well. I ask for your prayers for my friend Amy Watson and her dad Lyn Ivey. He's been battling cancer for a while, and been on chemo. They did a scan this week and found he has many tumors that are still there. Pray for the Dr.'s as they decide what to do and the family as they deal with such terrible and heartbreaking news. Her mom, Joyce, Lyn's wife, was the pastor's secretary while I worked at Mabel White, and they are all such a sweet family! Thanks for your prayers for them in advance!
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment