Thursday, March 4, 2010

38 Weeks

Well I'm 38 weeks pregnant and think I'm going to be pregnant forever!!! I had my appointment today and I'm still 1cm, and very thick!!! Mr. Joseph here doesn't want to enter in to this life. Which I can't say I blame him as many tantrums as he's heard his big sister pitch lately. I just don't understand why babies like to "hold on" for so long when we mothers are just down right miserable!!! I will say I'm not as miserable as I sound, there are many other positions I could be in right now that are MUCH worse to say the least!!! I saw another dr. in the group today and he was really nice. He spent time talking and didn't just rush out the door like he usually does. He said that if I wanted to have this baby next week, they could induce me, BUT he said if my body is still the same next week it wouldn't be a good step because my cervix isn't favorable to deliver, meaning my chances of having a C-section would be greater. I told him I'd just wait another week, come in next week and see where I am, and then we'd talk about inducing the next week around the 16-17th!!! I know the 17th is St. Patrick's day, and I DID NOT want to give birth on that day, but after reading a book to Emily about St. Patrick's day I now know why we have that holiday. In case you've never read up on it, St. Patrick (which wasn't his original name) was a "missionary" from the Catholic church to Ireland. I had been a slave there younger and once freed felt God calling him back to Ireland to tell the people about Jesus. So I guess if Little Joseph was born on the day he died that wouldn't be so bad.

I will try to get Glenn to make my 38 week pregnant picture soon and will post them. I hope you all have a great Thursday and weekend.

No comments: