Monday, April 20, 2009

We're Home

Emily eating an ice cream cone at "Ham Jam" festival in Philadelphia
Emily with her uncle Jason at his house in Vicksburg.


We got from MS around 6:30 eastern time today. We were all very tired as Emily woke up at 7:00 am and didn't sleep the WHOLE way. I do not know why she won't sleep in the car but she just never has. I put on a Strawberry Shortcake DVD about an hour from home thinking maybe she'd fall asleep for a little bit before getting home, but NO she just stared at the screen the whole time in a daze. She knocked out tonight at 9:00 eastern (8:00 central time zone what we've been on). I hope and pray she'll sleep good tonight. Daddy rode back with us and will go back probably on Wednesday. We are planning to pick strawberries tomorrow so that will be fun. She and daddy and just looking forward to eating the ice cream :)
Emily, Brandy & I on "Catfish Row" in Vicksburg.

Emily in front of the "Pearl River" sign

Emily and I with my Daddy and Great Mamaw Susie Mae Alford

We had to make more stops this trip as Emily needed to go "potty". We stopping at the Alabama Welcome center, a gas station in Demopolis, Cracker Barrell in Montgomery, a Subway in Opelika, and another gas station in Talbotton. We've never stopped this much and because of this it took us near 9 hours!!! My back was killing me about half way, but then I think it just went numb because it doesn't hurt anymore. I'll feel it tomorrow I'm sure. I hope you all have a great week.Emily with Collin (Brandy's boyfriend). She LOVED him...can you tell

No comments: