Well it's Saturday and our trip to MS is coming to a close. We have had a fun but exhausting week. We went over to my brother's in Vicksburg a 2 and half hour drive and spend the night Wednesday and came back to my parents on Friday. We got to tour Vicksburg a little and found a cool park down by the river. We enjoyed spending time with them and am glad we got to stay over 2 nights. We were all tired yesterday when we got back, and as with any trips exhaustion, and closed spaces can bring conflict. Everything is much better now as we all rested last night.
We really miss Glenn alot and can't wait to see him on Monday. I know he misses us as well, but I'm glad that he let us stay for a few extra days. Emily has enjoyed every minute of the trip and I know she will miss it here in MS. We took a walk to the woods this afternoon, and she, Mamaw & Papaw picked different leaves. There is a huge oak tree that fell while we were gone this week, and it's laying over the road. Daddy will have a big job to do after we leave. Seeing that tree brought back memories of this time last year and our front yard after the tornado.
I've not been able to do much on the computer with such slow internet, but I'll try to get a couple of pictures up tonight (as you know I've made hundreds this week). Before I go, I need to explain something a little clearer that I wrote a few weeks ago in my "Revelation from God" post. I may have offended some people as I wrote about how God calls us to "Go". I by NO means meant that it's wrong to stay in the same town where you grew up, or never go anywhere else or live anywhere else. If I had my own way I would have never left Philadelphia probably. I also didn't mean that I wished I had grown up differently, because I loved my childhood, and am SO grateful to the Lord that I grew up in the home I did with my parents that God gave me. I only hope I can provide this for Emily. God only knows where HE wants us. I only know that God has me living in GA right now whether I like it or not. I have come to a place though to be content where I am. I feel that until I am content in where God has me, he will never "move" me where I "want". I may never move closer to family, but God knows my heart and I have to trust him. SO if I did offend anyone I do apologize, but my words were just words to think about.



No comments:
Post a Comment