My daddy left this morning heading back to MS. We've been with family for 12 days, so Emily is in need of some "re-training". She has done pretty well today, but I have also spent alot of time playing and reading with her. Maybe I need the "re-training" since I've been on "break" over the past 12 days. It's nice having family around to help out, and I hope that people who live near their parents never take it for granted. In time God will bring us to that, but for now He provides for our every need.
We went and picked strawberries yesterday, after going to story-time at the library. We picked 6 gallons for daddy to take back and give to people and to make jelly with. We also enjoyed some good strawberry ice cream while out there. I love this time of year when it's warming up and not scorching and you can get outside and stay out late. Also the mosquitoes haven't taken over yet too. I've got alot of pictures to post so enjoy these if you haven't seen them yet.



4 comments:
Hi! Found your blog (not sure how!?!) Wanted to say that my husband knows your family in MS. His name is Jim Dance. He is known to everyone at the FAIR as Jimmy, because his dad was "Jim". Jimmy calls the horse races each year at the Fair! I showed him your blog pictures from the Fair '07, and he said, "Yes, I know them! That was my high school football coach!" What a small world. We are currently living in SE Texas. I am from Alabama. I will be going back to Alabama very soon (within the next couple of weeks) because our daughter is expecting twin girls! We are SO excited. All Jimmy talks about is how "his girls" are going to their first Fair this year and EVERY YEAR! We already have them bibs made that say, "Going to the Fair with Popa Jim" I look forward to reading your blog now and hopefully we can meet at the Fair. I haven't been since 2003, but Jimmy NEVER misses the Fair. Hopefully we will be able to take the girls this year, if only for the day. Please keep our family in your prayers as the delivery draws closer! God Bless.
Darlene, Good to hear from you and it's so neat that your husband knows my daddy, Mack Alford, and family. I'll have to ask him but I know he will remember as he doesn't forget anyone. Yes, we LOVE the fair, and make it back there every year. We've only missed a few times. My husband and I live in Georgia now, but I'm from Philadelphia, and he's from Montgomery, AL orginally. Where are you living in TX? We lived in Ft. Worth for 3 years while I was in seminary, and loved it. God moved us to GA where i served as a children's minister, but am now a stay at home mom...soon to become the Director of our churches Parent's day out program in the fall.
Let me know your blog and I can keep in touch with you. Good to hear from you. I let me know when the twin girls arrive!!!
Thanks for replying! Jim keeps asking me, "Has Coach Alford's daughter emailed you back?" We live in Beaumont, Tx. It is in the middle, between Houston, Tx and Lake Charles, La. I don't think that Jim has ever missed but maybe one Fair. He even turned down a new job once because they were not willing to let him off for the Fair! Jim's mother passed away during the Christmas holidays. We buried her on Christmas Eve,(his father has been gone since the 80's) so this year's Fair is going to be hard on his family. We are so thankful that we will have the girls to help ease the pain. This is the link to our blog,http://danceinthemoment.blogspot.com/. Please keep our twins in your prayers and ask your church to add them to the prayer list. Everything has gone smoothly so far, and we are praying for a safe delivery. I'll keep you updated. Please tell your dad Jim said hello!
Darlene, great to hear from you again. I did ask my dad and he had such great things to say about Jimmy and your family. I do hope to meet you at the fair this year as well as the new babies. I hope they can make it over. My husband and I have a little girl who'll be 3 in September. She loves the fair so far and we hope she'll continue to do so as I did growing up. My daddy's cabin is number 2 on the square so you'll have to drop by or we'll find y'all somewhere. Keep me updated on the birth and I'll be checking with your blog too.
Post a Comment