Monday, August 4, 2008

We're back from MS


We made it back in last night around 7:00 eastern time, from Mississippi. Emily was so funny because she kept saying, "Emily's home" over and over last night. We had a good trip back and she wasn't too fussy. We got into a little rain a few times, but nothing too bad. There was however a tree blown over in our lane and God protected us from harm. It was on a little highway coming out of Talbotton GA.

We had a blast last week at the Neshoba County Fair. We were very hot, but were blessed with several rains. The cabin my family has doesn't have air conditioner in the downstairs, so we had some pretty HOT days. The only time I got air was when I was getting Emily down for a nap. My body adjusted quick though as on Friday it was only in the upper 80's and it felt very cool. My moma didn't like the heat and kept Emily at their house Thursday and Friday. Glenn and I didn't know what to do with 2 days to ourselves...of course we came in at night to put her down and saw her the next morning's. It was a great week of fun, and fellowship with family and friends we haven't seen in years. I got to see people I graduated high school from and hadn't seen since, 11 years. I also got to see my former best friend who I've not seen since 6th grade. It was alot of fun. I can't put into words how much fun we had. If you've never been to "The Fair" you don't know what you're missing. All the cabins are just right next to each other and everyone just pretty much parties all week (some clean partying and some not of course).

We enjoyed going to see the horse races almost everyday they had them. Emily loved them too...especially the "rain truck" that drove in between races to water the track down. Every horse I picked won just about every time. Don't worry we weren't betting or anything, just having fun. Anyway, I'll try to put a few pictures on here, but since I made 318 I won't be able to put near what I made. I hope you're all doing well. Have a great week.

Almost everyone from our cabin.

Emily and Papaw watching the races.

At the children's concert, pots and pans...very loud!!!
Emily on the carousel she didn't like it.
Jason (my brother), Rhonda and Emily at a concert.
Emily playing in the wet sawdust after a rain.
The old crew from Beacon St. Baptist church.

Emily with her great Papaw and Mamaw.
Granmama and Grandaddy came down to see us.

1 comment:

Amy said...

sound like alot of fun! Glad you were able to have some great times with friends and family.