Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ants, Ants, Go Away

I woke up this morning to a husband telling me good bye, and that the kitchen was filled with ants...and that I needed to call the "bug man" today. Not exactly how one likes to wake up, especially after staying up WAY too late watching swimming and gymnastics on the Olympics. Well I got up about 15 minutes later hoping that he was only exaggerating, but to my sorrow I found he wasn't. We had ants climbing up the sides of the cabinets, all over the WHOLE floor, and making their way around everything on the counters. "WOW, what in the world am I going to do?" was my first thought. I hadn't even gotten the sleep out of my eyes when I went in there, and yet I was getting bitten by ants before I knew it. I knew I had to kill what was there, all 500 of them before Emily woke up or else we were going to have trouble. Well we have some "magic" spray that doesn't smell that I used, and I got rid of most of them. I've still seen a few stragglers that don't want to die hanging around, but that's ok. I guess they came in last night with all the rain we had...they weren't use to it so they just fled for safety.

I'm sure many of you have experienced this same thing, and kind of craziness before, I just thought I would share it. After that the day was almost like Monday again, but not quite as bad. We are trying hard to wean Emily from her pacifier. She only gets it to go to sleep, and I can pull it out, but I don't want her even having it for that anymore. I know we're late on weaning her from it, but oh well...I had surgery in May, she has had UTI's for a couple of months, etc...excuses excuses I know. After I saw a little boy probably almost 4 yesterday at the Barnes and Noble I knew we have to get rid of it. I could tell by looking at his front top teeth that he still takes his, and it's probably the same kind Emily uses. I don't want her teeth to end up looking like that!!!! I know she can get braces one day, but my goodness by the time she can get them they'll end up costing over $10,000.

Sorry for venting today...I just had to take a few minutes to share my thoughts of the day. I am SOOOO grateful for the rain we did get!!! Isn't it exciting to finally have some relief? I don't like COLD weather, but I do love the cool of autumn, and its reminded me of that today. Have a great Wednesday to you all, and pray for us tomorrow as we travel to Atlanta.

No comments: