
Well I completed the diaper bag this week. It was my dreaded project because I knew all it entailed. But I got it finished and it turned out better than I thought. I had looked at several stores and never found one I liked. I looked at "Baby Depot" Target", "JC Penney", "Belks", and a few other places, but didn't find anything. I had even looked for fabric several times and never found anything I wanted. One day Glenn let me get out for a little while and I ended up at Hancock's, and right before I left I found what I was looking for. It's weird because i had another fabric I didn't really like picked out and was looking for a matching fabric, when i stumbled across the one I bought. I like it much better.

The inside has a wipe pocket, and diaper pocket on one side, and the changing pad pocket and an extra pocket on the other side. I made the changing pad myself too, so it would match. That was THE hardest part, as I have never sewn with vinyl before!!! I actually hit my machine one time, because my needle kept breaking. Lesson to self, don't ever sew late in the day before supper!!!

Today I sewed a dress for Emily with the fabric that she picked while we were at Hancock's yesterday. I went to pick up some boning for the nursing cover I still have to make, and I felt bad about all this sewing I have been doing for the baby and not for her.

The fabric she really wanted was the Snoopy valentine print, BUT I persuaded her to get the one we did and it turned out so cute. I think the fabric for her dress (2 yards of each print) was under $10, you can't beat that for a dress. I made it too big this morning, and had to take it in ALOT. In the pictures I made it was before I took it up. She thought it was fine too long, but I didn't like it. I will try to get some of her wearing it on Sunday. She'll wear a white turtle neck with brown tights under it.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and try to stay dry and warm. I am going to try to go walking when Glenn gets home in a little bit since we are suppose to get rain all day tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment