We had a very crazy week as I had 3 doctor appointments all on different days. I didn't realize that I had them all the same week, but now I'm done except for baby Dr. visits which are every other week right now. I go this Wednesday for my 32 week check-up. Emily has had a little trouble this week pitching fits and tantrums so it's made for an interesting week. I posted last week that I would have some news, and I'm sure most of you already have heard but I had to resign as our Parent's Day out director at our church. I had been gone for over a month anyway, but with all the contractions I was having I just felt it was best to commit my time to "being at home" until little baby comes. I really want to spend as much quality time with Emily before he arrives and this way I'll be able to do that. I will also be able to make some things for the nursery and all without as much stress. I know that when he comes life will not be the same as we know it now, so I want to cherish these last days until we enter into a new season of life.
Please be in prayer for the PDO program as no one is willing to step up and take my place, that I know of yet. We only run 12-15 kids as well, and it's been a strain on the budget. Jenni is talking about having to shut it down soon if no one else steps up or we don't get more kids. It's funny because you would think a ministry like this would flourish, especially where our church is located, but it has not. Just keep pray that God's plan for it will take place.
I am sorry I don't have any pictures again to post...but I've just been so busy this week playing play dough, candy land, chutes and ladders, memory, and puzzles and reading books to Emily when I'm not doing other things. I have completed the curtains for Baby Joseph's room, and the crib dust ruffle. Glenn put the curtains up Wednesday night and the crib too. I was very impressed with how it all turned out...especially the dust ruffle. I followed the one from Emily's crib set and just created it myself without a pattern. Glenn was even impressed. Now I am working on a quilt to match. I'm almost done with it except the trim to hem the edges. I'm going to make a pillow or two next, and do some wall paintings with scripture on them. After that the last thing I want to do is a lamp shade to match the theme...trains!!! OH I almost forgot I have to get a diaper bag completed too...we'll see what I have time for.
I'll try to make some pictures this weekend of what I've accomplished. I hope you all have a great LONG weekend.
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment