Wednesday, January 6, 2010

30 Weeks Along

I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and doing pretty good. I went today for my check-up and everything was good. I did the glucose screening test and passed!!! My blood pressure was good, and I had gained some but not TOO much over the past 6 weeks. I was worried I had gained either too much or too little over Christmas. The baby's heart beat was in the 150's so that is good, and I am measuring right at 30 weeks where I'm suppose to be. I did ask him about the Braxton Hicks contractions I've been having and he said that when I have them I just need to sit and rest and see if they go away. If I have more than 6 in an hour then to drink something rest and if it keeps on then I need to come back, that it could be something more going on. I've only had a few today and not within the same hour, so I'll just try to limit what I do. I really would hate to go on bed rest this early, so I'm going to try to not over do it. I will be picking back up walking as soon as the weather gets out of these Arctic temps, but if the contractions are bad I guess I'll just have to put walking on hold until after the baby comes.

Four of us are pregnant at church and we all were there today doing our glucose screening tests. It was really neat that we all did it on the same day...and it just happened that way because I was due to have it 2 weeks ago. I know one of the ladies passed, I just wasn't there when the other 2 had the blood drawn so I'll have to make sure they passed too.I know that in Mississippi they are expecting ice and snow tomorrow, but us here in GA we aren't predicted to get any of it, as usual. We just get the Alaska temperatures with no benefits. Emily & I won't be going to church tonight since it's so cold. I'm trying to prevent any illnesses in either of us. There will be some more news for me to post next week about changes in our house, nothing BIG so don't freak out...but just know that we will be changing our schedules a little bit. God's been showing me that it's time to focus on being a mom/homemaker and get ready for baby Joseph. Keep me in prayer as this "change" comes about. I hope you all stay warm and cozy and well.

No comments: