Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Joy of Being A Stay @ Home Mom


You can ask Glenn, but I've been on the irritable side lately, and very impatient. I guess it's because I'm pregnant, got only 6-7 more weeks to go and taking care of a 3 year old (or 2 of them so it seems at times). But the past few mornings God has really been showing me how blessed I am. For one, the sun has been out and the birds have been singing so beautifully! We have 2 bird feeders and enjoy watching the birds, when the squirrels aren't attacking the feeders.
God has just been showing me how blessed I am, not lazy just blessed. For starters I get to sleep until my child wakes up, and she usually comes and wakes me up and crawls into bed with me for a few minutes until I wake up. How many people get to enjoy that???? We get to stay in our pajamas as long as we want each morning (Emily does all day somedays). I get to play Candy Land, Memory, do puzzles, paint, read kids books and cook...are you jealous yet? We do those things almost EVERY day too. Yes it can get boring, but God reminds me that it's new to Emily and she will remember this forever. Today since it was warmed up a little we went outside and watched the birds, then threw the ball for a little while. As the sun warmed my face I was just again reminded of how blessed I am. I sometimes take for granted all that God has blessed me with. I know that life will change in several weeks and we won't be able to do the same things exactly the same way, but God will again show me ways to make it happen, and He will again through these things show me just how blessed I am.I hope you all have a happy Wednesday. This picture was of me and Emily chilling in the chair one night watching "Wheel Of Fortune".

4 comments:

rosajosa said...

Ditto!

Betty Smith said...

I love the photo of the bird sitting on the bird feeder. I don't think we have that kind of bird here at our house. Haven't fed them in a couple of years.... makes me want to get back started! Okay.... all of you look pretty cute in the photos also!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Betty. That is a Chickadee on the feeder. We have been watching and learning about different birds. We have a squirrel problem so we don't get to see as many as we'd like. Hope you're all doing good.

April :) said...

I like the wheel of fortune pic the best!! Its real life :)