We enjoyed this week with my moma here visiting. She was here 7 days, and Emily was thrilled to have her here. She didn't want her to leave this morning, but since we'll see them all in a couple of weeks when we go to the Smoky Mountains it was a little more bearable. Emily and I went out to Elliot Farms to pick strawberries this morning after she left, but there weren't many to pick. We have had so much rain lately that they are all starting to rot. The sun hasn't been out consistently for almost a week so that hasn't helped them either. The rain is great but not for the poor strawberry farmers. We also made us a small pumpkin patch for our pumpkin plants that have gotten big. Some of them are 3 inches tall already. I hope we get at least one pumpkin from it. We tried starting some watermelon seeds but they just didn't do good. The rest of our garden is coming along. We've got bell pepper plants, carrots, green beans, and english peas. I hope that something makes so Emily can see how God makes all things grow first hand.
She loves digging in the dirt, as most kids do, and brought home some dirt from the strawberry patch. She insisted that she fill her bucket and bag with dirt instead of strawberries. I just let her do it and we put it out beside the house. I just love this time of year when it is just starting to get hot, and things are starting to grow. I will say I don't care for the high humidity but that's something I can't avoid since I live in the south. I don't mind the heat, just the sticky heat that's hard. I'm sure we'll be pulling Emily's pool out pretty soon for her to cool off in.
I hope you all have a great rest of the week. Glenn just called and has to work late tonight, so we'll have to have a girls night I guess. Hopefully he won't be too late like other times before.



2 comments:
Cute pics! So glad to see Emily playing and feeling back to her normal self! Glad you've had a great week - hope the weekend's just as fun :)
Hope so...she was up in the night not feeling well, so we'll see. Hope you're doing good, I haven't seen you in forever!
Post a Comment