Tuesday, May 26, 2009

She's Over the Virus

Well as of yesterday I can say Emily is finally over the HFMD virus. She woke up yesterday and said, "hey my mouth don't hurt, can I have some orange juice". That was the sign that she's over it. The ulcer is completely gone and she's been eating like a horse ever since. We met Glenn for lunch today at Sonny's Bar-be-que and she ate a whole ear of corn (a large one) and her turkey sandwich with sauce on it!!! Last night she wanted a banana and you should have seen the poor child stuffing it in like she's never had one. This may seem simple to you but after 10 days of her not eating anything but bread, marshmallows, and Pediasure's it's HUGE. I know that you cannot protect your children from picking up illnesses, but I will definitely be a fanactic after this...hand gel, washing with soap and water, buggy protector at ALL times, and wiping all surfaces with Clorox wipes more often!!!My moma is still here and we've enjoyed her help. I've not had to do laundry since she came and it's just been nice to have someone to walk with and talk to while Emily fusses and is getting back to her normal "two" stage.

It's been rainy and cloudy here for what seems like FOREVER, and we had a bad storm last night. I enjoy the rain, but would like some sunshine for at least a day to soak up some Vit. D since I'm deprived of it staying in with her so much. I hope you all had a great Memorial Day yesterday and will have a great week. I'd better hurry up and get off the computer we have Stanley Steemer coming to clean our couch in a minute.

No comments: