Monday, May 18, 2009

Update on Emily

Today has been pretty rough as Emily didn't eat much at all. She turned down ice cream, milkshakes and Popsicles. She did drink a whole Sprite this morning and half a McAlister's sweet tea. I got an electrolyte strip dissolved in her Motrin tonight so maybe that will help. Glenn and I both have been at our wits end. We feel SO bad for her that we've both been crying. I went and picked us up potato soup from McAlisters and of course she didn't want any, but one bite of the bread from the bread bowl. As she sat there crying and watching us eat, I asked her what she wanted and I would fix her anything, she just said so pitiful "I want something out of that white bag too". It was SO sad. We went to Chick-fil-A after supper because she said she would eat ice cream...she licked it twice and cried that it hurt. She broke my heart as she stared at that ice cream cone all the way home, just wanting it so bad.

We gave her a good bath and washed her hair tonight so after that she seemed to feel a little better, and she almost ate a whole piece of bread, PRAISE THE LORD!!!! That's where we are now. The sores in the roof of her mouth are almost gone, so maybe tomorrow the one on her tongue and lips will be gone too. Keep praying for her little body to heal. Her fever's still around 100.5 so hopefully it will continue to drop. Thank you for your prayers and I hope you have a great week.

No comments: