Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Day 6 of the HFMD

Well today is day 6 and I actually have good news. Emily woke up very lethargic this morning and of course wouldn't eat, SO I called the Dr. back and the nurse said to try making a home-made mouthwash to help with the pain. It was 3 tbs water, 2 tbs Mylanta, 1 tbs of Benadryl. I put it on her sores and of course she screamed. Nothing changed, so I had to force her to drink a Pediasure with a medicine dropper. Well at 12:30 she started fussing again with her mouth so I tried the mouthwash again. She screamed as I was putting in her mouth, and after a minute when I was done, she said "mommy my mouth doesn't hurt"!!! WOW I thought, Ok, we'll see how this goes. I left her alone for a minute and then asked what she wanted for lunch, and she said a ham sandwich. I fixed it for her and she ate it!!!! Then she drank some sweet tea, and ate about 2 cups of marshmallows. She also ate a sucker too.

She's not over it, as she screamed when I laid her down for nap, BUT at least she's got something in her. Keep praying for her mouth to heal. I'm so thankful for all your prayers as they are needed. She's SO sweet, and as we were eating (something we've not done together in a week) she looked at me and said, "you're a sweet little woman". TOO FUNNY!!! Praise God for His healing power!!!!!!

No comments: