Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 7 of the virus


I wish this post would be a little more positive but things are about the same as yesterday. Emily's sore on her tongue is still there and obviously hurting her pretty bad. She hasn't eaten or drank much so far today. Maybe 8 oz of sweet tea, almost 2 pieces of bread and of course, marshmallows. She's still running 100.5 temp. which I don't understand why because Dr. Jason said it should be gone by day 5. I'm going to call them again tomorrow if she's still got the fever. I'm grateful that I got her to eat and drink what she did but it's still not much. She didn't do much but lay around this morning and watch Curious George. I got her to play a little bit but she doesn't open her mouth or talk much (except when she's eating which isn't often). For those of you who know Emily she never stops talking, so this is NOT like her. I obviously hurts her to move her mouth and talking requires doing that. Please keep praying for her and that her little body will get rid of this UGLY virus SOON. I hope that people will not take this virus lightly anymore.

Here are a few pictures of her this morning. Notice no expression on her face or smiles. So sad!!! Yeah I know she's got the pacifier, BUT she doesn't suck it just holds it there to keep her tongue from touching her teeth. She looks pretty happy here, this is when I brought in her riding toys from outside.

2 comments:

Jim, Darlene and Eli said...

Hope she is feeling better soon, there is nothing worse than a sick child. Our prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. We actually had to take her tonight because she was dehydrated and they gave her IV fluids. It was horrible. Keep praying she starts to eat.