Monday, March 2, 2009

The Snow's Gone


Well it was fun while it lasted, but all the snow is just about melted. Our little snowgirl is still standing though...maybe she'll make it through the night. I took Emily out to play in it again this morning before it all melted...it was hard and like ice so we did alot of sliding around. I'm sure we'll all have colds after this, but that's ok...we don't get to see snow very often. My throat started hurting this morning, so I'm sure I'll catch the "cold" now. They say you can't "catch" a cold, BUT I beg to differ after this.Hannah got to come over again today so that was exciting. She just left and Emily is still asleep so I know she'll be heartbroken when she wakes up...maybe not. I just wanted to update on all the prayer requests I've been mentioning and add to the list. It seems lately that there are so many people struggling.First is my Mamaw (my daddy's moma), she had surgery on her eye last Friday because it was swollen shut and very bad. She had red streaks going up her forehead, and down her cheek. The Dr. removed the yucky stuff and put a drain in, and they have been waiting on the results and they found out today that she has a bad strain of staph infection. I'm not sure if it is MRSA they untreatable kind or what. PLEASE pray for her!!! They are doing another eye surgery in the morning, but we're just afraid that it has gone to her brain, and that won't be good at all. She turned 93 on Feb. 22nd, and has been pretty much in good health in the nursing home for the most part.

Second, update on David my cousins husband. He went to the burn clinic in Jackson on Friday and they changed his dressings and said that the skin graphs looked like they are suppose to at this stage. Pray that he continues to heal as he goes back to the Dr. on Friday.

I think that's it for today on updates. Please pray for my stomach and some issues. I think I may have a cyst on the ovary or something. It's been really painful but they can't get me in to the Dr. until next Tuesday. I know it'll be fine, but the lower back pain and cramps are getting annoying. I hope you all have a great week...and we all hope the weather will get warmer soon.

No comments: