Friday, March 6, 2009

Frustrated Friday


Well it's Friday, but I'm so frustrated today I don't know where to start. It must be "that time" of the month or something. This has been one of the longest week's I've had in a while. I do not know what I'm doing wrong with my child, but she has been the most defiant, rude/mean, selfish, stubborn little thing I have ever seen in her this week. I know that we are all a sinful people, and these things are in all of us, but they seem to have been enlarged in her this week. I can't tell you how big of a failure I've felt like this week. I've spanked, put her in time-out, let her scream it out, then try to "change her mind" by doing something else...but nothing has seemed to work with her. I know that everyone with kids who are grown is laughing at me, but I personally don't think it's funny. Today I got hit in the nose with her doctor kit...the whole kit...and I thought she had broken my nose. My front teeth were hurting and my eyes were watering. GOODNESS...such abuse :)

My blessed child is still sleeping right now and will soon be awakening. I pray that this stage will ease soon, or either I will harden to it and learn how to take it better. I'm physically, emotionally, and mentally exhausted. I just woke up from a nap and still feel tired. I shouldn't have taken it, but made myself after what this morning was like. I'm so upset that I can't even cry, that's how it is.

My parents are suppose to come from MS on Monday, and I am really excited and nervous at the same time. I am excited because I need a break, and I'm nervous because I am afraid of what they will think of her 2 yr. tantrums. I know it will be great and I just pray that they get to come after all they are doing with their own parents right now. They are suppose to be moving my Mamaw Alford (daddy's moma) back to the nursing home right now. My Papaw's ear and eye are looking alot better after surgery.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I could vent much more but won't b/c it's the weekend. I think We will all go out to eat tonight. I really hate to, but think that this one night won't hurt us.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: