Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Winter is Here

For those of you who know, in the South, we really don't have much winter, but over the next couple of days it's going to feel like it for sure. We are forecast to have some sleet later this evening and tonight. I know that the school's are crazy today. I really would hate to be a teacher, because every kid is wound up and excited about the fact that it might snow or ice tonight. Us adults (especially those of us who have lived in the South all our lives) know that the chances of us getting any accumulation of ice or snow is very slim. I know this makes me sound like a pessimist, but it also should teach me a lesson about hope and faith. Maybe this is why Jesus said that we must have child like faith in order to enter into the kingdom of heaven. Jesus knew the amazement and faith that children have. He knows how children are born innocent and that they believe anything is possible. How awesome it is to have faith like a child. I pray God will give me this kind of faith and hope each day.




Who knows? We really might be iced in tomorrow. I'll make pictures if it happens and get back with you then. Until then just meditate on the idea that we must all have child-like faith in order to see Jesus in heaven one day! Have a wonderful COLD day.

2 comments:

Carley said...

It's sleeting outside as we speak, so it's possible! I'm praying it does, so Mabel will close tomorrow! (wishful thinking...) I love that picture of Emily...too precious!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Carley, yes it is sleeting out here too! Maybe it will happen, who knows. Emily's been crazy today so it must be something all kids can sense.