Monday, January 28, 2008

Sleepy Morning

Well this morning is a sleepy morning. In fact the whole weekend was one too. I had a Sunday School conference to lead in Warner Robins Saturday morning, and after all the preparation for that and the actual conference itself I was wiped out the whole weekend. The director of missions for the Rehoboth Association called me last Wednesday and said he needed someone to do the children's sessions, because who he had backed out last minute. You know me, I can't say no to someone whose desperate for a teacher. I'm really glad I did it, and was so excited to go and do it. We looked at the methods of teaching by Jesus, and learning styles of children and how we all learn in different ways (go Howard Gardner).

Besides that we had a pretty restful weekend. I hope and pray you each did too. I'd like to ask for prayer for my brother Jason. He goes this Wednesday for an MRI and CAT scan for his neck and shoulders. He's been having alot of pain, and numbness for several months and his Neuro surgeon has him scheduled this Wednesday to get checked out. Most of you don't know this but my brother had an AVM (arterior venious malformation--spelling?) type of brain anerism (spelling again?? it's early ok), back in 1999, so he's been real concerned as to what this pain it. He has a shunt and we pray that it is not something related to that, or anything else that would require surgery. Please pray for him as he travels to have this done in Tupelo, and that he will have a peace that everything is ok no matter what happens.

There's a picture of him below holding Emily. Thanks for your prayers. Hope you have a wonderful Monday.

3 comments:

Amy said...

will be praying...

Amy said...

Jennifer,
I don't have your new email address, but I wanted to pass along a very helpful and godly approach to parenting. The website is
http://www.raisinggodlytomatoes.com
I printed off the basics or now you can get the book that is in print. This is something you apply NOW and works! if you have any problems finding it let me know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks I'll have to check it out. Hope you are doing well and your dad is better. Let me know. My e-mail is jennifermawalker@yahoo.com