How many of you have been in this position...someone says something to you that really hurt your feelings. They may, or may not, have realized it, or meant to, but it just happened. This happened to me this morning, and I've really been seeking the Lord's direction in it. God brought this verse to my attention as I have been in the Word this morning. "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ." Philippians 1:27. I think this is something that I struggle with daily, but I am reminded that "people", no matter how much we like or dislike, should not determine our attitudes and responses. I pray that I will bring glory to Him in all conversations, circumstances, and in all I do, regardless of whether I have my feelings hurt, or I'm in a bad mood that day.
Anyway, I just wanted to share that with you, who ever reads this and hope that it will encourage you as it did me this morning (or afternoon by now). I hear little bit waking up so my time has been limited on blog today.
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago




2 comments:
I can second this! It is so hard to take the comments and still love as we are commanded. But we are able and it will only make us stronger. Jesus certainly took alot of bashing, what an example we have. May God be glorified in how we handle the negative - we know they will come if we are in His will!
Thanks for your encouragement. I know you totally understand all of this. Praise to the Lord for His strength.
Post a Comment