Monday, November 9, 2009

Operation Christmas Child


We worked on our Christmas Shoeboxes this weekend, and packed them today. Our boxes were really big so we only filled two, yeah I know we probably could've done more than that, but we didn't. Emily really enjoyed doing this, and is so concerned about us getting them to the kids. Saturday before going to buy the stuff, we watched a promotional video on the Project. She wanted to know "why these kids don't have toys, houses and stuff". After we told her they don't live in nice houses like we do she said, "Well, we need to go build them a house or something". She asks me everyday if those kids can come to our house, or can she go see them. It is so sweet to already see her with a caring heart, I pray she will continue with this and not become a greedy spoiled little kid like so many are today.On another note, they called from the Dr. and said that she does not have an infection, NO UTI...so that means they think she passed a kidney stone. I know this sounds crazy, for a 3 year old, but I pray we will find out more after her urologist in Atlanta calls me back tomorrow. All I know is she screamed for several hours Saturday, had the blood in urine really bad, and then she was fine. Saturday before she went to sleep she went potty no problem, and Sunday said she wasn't hurting at all. Whatever it was I pray she'll never have it happen again!!!

Hope you all have a great rest of your week.

No comments: