
We started the day yesterday as usual...running errands on Saturday and being lazy pretty much. Emily was pretty much normal until after her very short nap yesterday. When she woke up she went to the potty and had alot of blood in her urine. I wasn't sure at first where it was coming from, but I called the Dr. and left a message with the nurse. They didn't call back for an hour an half, and by then Emily was screaming that it hurt to go tee tee. We took her to afterhours and to our answered prayers, Dr. Jason was on call that night. He is her pediatrician, and I really didn't want anyone else examining her but him. Of course we had to get a specimen, and she screamed the WHOLE time I was trying. Finally I got a drop out of her, and you could tell it had blood in it by looking.

When they got the results back it did show blood in the urine, lots of it, and her white count was high. He gave her antibiotics thinking that it is a UTI, but he did say he could've been a kidney stone she was passing. I surely hope that is was not a stone, but he said it is not that uncommon. Today, she is feeling better, other than a bad cold she's picked up, so I'm not sure what's going on. She's still got 100 temp, but she will go tee tee in the potty, something she wouldn't do yesterday. There is no more blood coming out, and she says it doesn't hurt so I really don't know what's going on now.

We had us a nice fall picnic lunch outside today, and then roasted marshmallows around the fire. Emily is still irritable, but not letting it get her down. She played dress up this afternoon and had us all laughing. I hope you all have a great week. I will post later when I hear back from the Dr. tomorrow on whether it is an infection or not.

Me at 5 months
No comments:
Post a Comment