We had a fun morning today as we toured Macon. We started off going to Dauset Trails, but ended up going downtown to the Children's Museum and then to the Ocmulgee Indian Mounds for a picnic. Let me just say that if you've never been the the Children's Museum, DON"T go!!! We paid $6.00 for Glenn and I and saw why Emily didn't have to pay. There wasn't anything for her age, and really not much for any age. I hate to be pessimistic, but for the looks of the place you would think that there would be more for kids to do. They are renovating the upstairs part so maybe when it is complete it will be better.The Indian Mounds however were nice. We walked and strolled among all of them and then along the swamp area. Glenn and I always love places that are peaceful and educational. The museum they have is fairly nice too if you've never been. We had a cool breeze blowing all the time we were there and enjoyed our nice picnic too. If we had just gone there first we wouldn't have spent anything on our "tour" (except the gas to get there). I had no idea that the Indians that lived there were called the "Mississippian's". We tried watching the movie in the "theater" but with a 2 year old that didn't last long. I definitely recommend you going to see this place if you live here and have never been. It's very quite, safe, clean, and interesting at the same time. Also, you can get a VERY good workout in if you're up for the walking. To me it's the best place we've discovered in Macon.I hope you have a great rest of the weekend. Oh they are having a MAJOR sewing machine sale at Hancock Fabrics tomorrow from 1pm-5pm (FYI). I'm not sure if I'll be going and purchasing one, but we stopped by there on our way home and got a flyer.
No comments:
Post a Comment