Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily Rebekah

Today is Emily's birthday....she's two!!! I can't believe it's been 2 years already. They haven't been always easy, but it has been such a blessing to have Emily in our lives. I thank God for giving her to us, and for how He's grown and developed her over these past 2 years. It's funny how kids change your lives. Before Emily was born I tended to be more strong-willed and forceful. After she was born I became more laid back and calm. Alot of people started commenting to me on that and at first it offended me, but later and now I take it as a complement.Anyway, Emily is now 2 and is FAST...at running, jumping and doing anything she tries. She loves to read and has several books memorized and we can read them leaving out certain words and she fills them in. She can say almost anything you ask her (it may not be clear yet but she tries), and some of her favorite sayings are, "Emily do it too", "Mommy do it too", "Comin' Round the Mountain Day" (from the book), "tookies" (cookies), "Ice Cream", "Popscicle", "daddy be home in two minutes" (yes she does say that)...and so much more, these are just a few things we hear repeatedly each day. She loves to play hide-n-seek in the house, except she only like to seek not hide. She knows most all of her colors, red, blue, yellow, purple, orange, brown, green, gold, silver, and black. She is learning her shapes now and can only tell you what a circle, triangle, square, star, and heart are. She also knows all the farm and zoo animals and their sounds.She's such a sweet little girl and we are so blessed to have her. I hope you all have a great day. We are going to story time and then lunch with friends today. Aunt Marsha Ann and Grandaddy Griffin are also coming over for supper tonight to celebrate Emily's birthday. I'm not sure if we'll have more cake as we've all had too many sweets since her party. Here are some of her 2 year pictures I took.

2 comments:

Carley said...

Too Cute! Happy 2nd Birthday Emily!!!

Amy said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Emily!!!
Love, Mr Keith, Mrs Amy,
Elijah, Ivey and Robby