Thursday, September 4, 2008

In the Beginning

Glenn and I start back teaching Sunday school (1st-2nd grades) this week. I'm really excited about getting back in the classroom. It's been almost a year since I resigned at Mabel White, and since then we've been "floating" on Sunday mornings (as far as Sunday school goes). The new curriculum starts in Genesis and we're looking at Creation. I'm so glad that Lifeway is starting, "in the beginning" if you catch what I'm saying. It's good to start with a lesson like this with new kids. We only have 6 on roll, and Jenni said that only 3-4 of them are regular. I'm use to 15-20 kids at a time so this will be different. Sunday school also starts at 8:45 so I'm anxious to see how alert they will actually be (myself included).

We had another great time at Mabel helping Ms. Janice with childcare today. I was with the 2-3 year olds (a couple under 2), and we had such a great time. I'm so glad I'm getting to work with Ms. Janice again, and I so miss being around her every day. Emily had a fun time, and is getting to be such a big girl. She went potty 3 times while we were there and again before we left. WOW, potty training is well under way. We'll be getting into real panties before long. I'm so thankful now we can buy fewer pull-ups and diapers. "Ready now for another one" you may say, well not just yet. After being sick last week with that virus and all that nausea it brought back too many memories of morning sickness. God will work it all out in HIS timing.

Here are a few pictures of Emily playing and painting. Have a great Friday tomorrow.
She's learning how to draw and paint circles, you can kinda see one here below.

No comments: