Sunday, September 7, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Today was our first day back to teaching kids Sunday school. Our Sunday school starts at 8:45 am, so we had to be at church by 8:30 am (didn't happen we were 5 minutes late)...so it was a little different for us. God woke me up in plenty of time to get ready and spend a few minutes alone with Him to prepare so it was good. We had 3 kids in our class, something we're not use to but were totally ok with as 2 are boys are VERY hyper active. I don't know if they were just sleepy or if they truly didn't know as much about creation as I thought they should. Kids are funny!!! All of them said that they didn't have Bibles, and I know very well that they do (or should at least). Anyway, we had a great morning and are glad to be back in routine again.Emily and I are ready for a new week as we are preparing to go to MS on Friday (by ourselves!!!). Yeah I know I'm crazy trying to take "little Miss. I hate riding in the car" on a 7 1/2 hour trip by myself...but we are prepping and I know that ONLY with God's help we can do it. This is the plan unless hurricane Ike decides to head more eastern when it hits the gulf. When Katrina hit 3 years ago the eye went over my parents house and they had alot of damage and were without power for 2 weeks. They are 5 hours from the coast but still had that much damage. We're praying God will weaken this hurricane and send it western. I'll update on our plans later on this week.

Here are a few pictures of Emily in her new jeans with her boots on. We had a family photo shoot again tonight. She loves the self-timer on the camera.

No comments: