Saturday, September 20, 2008

We're Home

We made it back from MS last night and had a wonderful trip. My daddy ended up coming with us yesterday so we wouldn't have to drive it by ourselves. He has wanted to ride the train for a while so Glenn got up early this morning to take him to Atlanta to hop on Amtrak. He should be arriving in MS within the next 30 minutes. We are so grateful for him doing this, as I don't think I could've made the trip back by myself. Emily didn't sleep at all until we got to Geneva, GA which is about an hour away from home. When she doesn't sleep it makes the trip even harder. We watched movies and that definitely helped. I know I'm SO against it, but I don't think that 2 movies one time is going to hurt Emily. Here is a detailed "diary" of the past week we spent in MS. Hope you all had a great week last week and will have a great week.

Playing "Happy Birthday" for Mamaw and Papaw Costilow, he's 86 and she's 83

Emily and Brandy drawing with chalk on the porch.

Emily and Sarah Alice, my friend Rozane's little girl, Emily is only 4 months older than her.
Emily playing the piano at Mamaw and Papaw's. She knows where the note C is.
Emily, Brandy and I wearing our "Mississippi Girls" t-shirts that daddy got us. It says, "Mississippi Girls and Watermelons:
Sweet to the rind and gonna cost you more than a nickle or a dime"
Emily in her rollers (of course she didn't keep them in that long)
Sarah Alice came over to play on Monday morning.
My friend Rozane and her little girl Sarah Alice. Rozane and I have been friends since birth. She and her husband are also expecting baby number 2.
Playing at the park Monday evening.
We went to Granmama and Grandaddy's on Tuesday (Glenn's parents in Columbus, MS). Emily was enjoying reading a book here.
Emily, Grandaddy and Great Ma Ma
In my uncle John's chicken house. These chickens are only 2 days old. He has 12 houses!!! WOW, it was quite interesing...makes it hard to eat chicken now! Each house has 28,000 chickens in it (to start with, some die though)
Daddy, Emily, me and Mamaw Alford. Four generations. We visited her on Wednesday afternoon.
Emily and Papaw with their shorts and boots on...too cute. She had picked an eggplant and some flowers
Watching the train go by in my Mamaw and Papaw's back yard in Newton, MS. Emily LOVES the trains. Yes, it is a huge drop off that we're standing beside, but we didn't let Emily down out their.
Amtrak station in Atlanta where Glenn dropped daddy off this morning.

2 comments:

Carley said...

So glad you're back home and had a great time! You said your friend is ALSO expecting baby #2?? Do I need to know something? ;)

Anonymous said...

No I didn't mean that...also as in too...as well. Not yet for us. :) you're funny.