Well I'm blogging today to vent a little bit. I confess that I am stressed today! I've been stressed for a while but it's catching up with me. God has truly called me to publish this book (and others in the future I believe), but I am stuck and don't know what to do right now. I have a publisher lined up to start the process with, but there are still some details that I don't understand and agree with. I know that God has it worked out, but I'm just waiting on the "burning bush" to tell me what to do. It costs around $2,000 to publish a book, and I have an asthma attack if we spend over $100 at Wal-mart, so this is really doing a number on me physically. I have always been a BIG money saver growing up and had a hard time spending it on "big" things. I know that God will provide all that we need to do this, but it's still hard.
My parents have and want to help me with the book, and I'm so grateful for that. With me staying at home now, we have to "Cut corners" and to add a $2,000 purchase right now wasn't on the plans when I quit my job. Anyway, I just need to quit complaining and just be thankful that I do have the money to do it. I just want to make sure I'm doing it with the right company. I have written a professor from seminary (who published several books from Zondervan and B&H) so I'm waiting to hear back from him, then I plan on taking the next step and sending Authorhouse my manuscript and illustrations. I will update you when I make that step.
Sorry to vent I just had to get this out. It's been affecting my relationship with Glenn, and my "duties" as a house-mom. God is bringing me out of this slump slowly, and for that I'm grateful. I appreciate all your prayers and I know you'll keep on praying. I'm counting down the days till we go to TN to the mountains and I get to see some friends for a little bit (Diana, Travis and Brayden) woo hoo!!!
Have a great Wednesday and please let me know if I can pray for any of you in any way!!! See this picture below of my little cheese!
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago




3 comments:
I agree that saving some is good. But I believe that we can put our faith in our security/savings instead of putting that faith and trust in God. He will provide for our every need and instructs us in regards to our DAILY needs. Don't "think" too much.
Wow...that is a lot isn't it. But what an awesome gift you have been given and what a great way to spend that money. God will work it all out.
I am so excited about you coming to Pigeon Forge...Let me know the dates again when you get a chance and we will see if we can't drive down for the day to see you.
Miss ya.
Diana
I am praying for you. Its really exciting though. I want to hear more about the book!
Post a Comment