Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sick Little Boy

Sorry no pictures this posting. Joseph came down with fever on Monday which got up to 104 by late evening, and so I've not been making many photos since Easter. I took him to the Dr. and they said it was a viral infection. They ruled out flu, strep and any bacterial infection. They said to watch for either the body rash (which would mean it's roseola), or the hand, and mouth sores (which would mean it is hand foot mouth disease). Emily had hand foot, mouth when she was 2 1/2 and got bad dehydrated because of the sores in her mouth...SO when I saw the blisters appearing in his mouth and hands, I was NOT happy. So far he's been okay, still eating and drinking. He has the ulcers all in the roof of his mouth, and only one I can see on his tongue. They've called him in some numbing suckers and mouthwash that is suppose to help, but the little stinker ate a granola bar this morning!!! Of all things you think would hurt that would be one! He ate lunch, and the usual drinking, SO I think we're going to make it without any IV for hydration.

Keep him in your prayers, and all of us. They say once you've had it (like Emily did), and been exposed, you can't catch it again...we'll see. This type of virus is one similar to chicken pox. All of those viral infections are nasty stuff! Roseola brings HIGH fevers for several days, I mean like 105 temps!!!! Then the scary measle looking rash all on your body, he had that one back in November. The coxsackie A virus, or hand foot mouth disease, is like Joseph's, high fever, then the sores. All these are nasty! We've Cloroxed, and cleaned this house up and down, praying it's going to be GONE soon!

No comments: