Tuesday, April 24, 2012

On the Mend

 Well as I type this I am hopeful that we are all on the mend.  After 2 weeks of sickness in this house I'm claiming those words!!!  I'm sorry to not blog much over the past 2 weeks, but making pictures and blogging hasn't been on the top of my to-do list.  Washing, teaching, and cleaning has been though!  There are a few pictures from the past few weeks I did manage to take.  OH Glenn got me an early birthday present last week when I was sick, SO that is also one reason why I've not been blogging and making as many pictures.  He stepped me into the 21st century and got me an I-phone.  Well, I think he and Emily were more excited than me, but I will say I have enjoyed being able to make pictures of the kids and post them to facebook, or send them as text messages (something I couldn't do anymore with my other phone).
 This week our theme is Earth Week, and we started it off yesterday with the layers of the earth.  This little snack shows the different layers.  Inner core, outer core, the mantle, and then we rolled it in cookie crumbs for the earths crust.
 Our new favorite game.  Sight word bingo.  I saw this idea on Pinterest, and have made several of these sheets using all of Emily's sight words.  It is amazing how much faster she gets it when you either put it to music or to a game!!!
 Joseph last week doing some matching up himself.  This little Noah's Ark puzzle is our favorite, and he loves to play the match game after we've put it together.
 Between the sicknesses I've been up to some paintings.  The watercolor is for a lady at daddy's church.  This is her mother's homeplace and she wanted me to do a watercolor of it before they tear it down.  I've not finished obviously but it's in the works.  The other acrylic name painting is for our youth ministers wife, they are expecting a boy in July!


No comments: