Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas in MS Christmas Morning

All is calm...before the unwrapping...quiet in the house...ready for smiles, laughter, and excitement!!!
Joseph woke up before Emily, and enjoyed crawling around checking out all the presents, and since he can't read it didn't matter whose name was on it.
I have MANY more cute pictures of Joseph Christmas morning before his sister awoke, but will have to post those later.
Before we open any presents or look in any stocking we always read the Christmas story. This year we found the neatest children's book at Walgreen's. It focuses on the real reason we give presents, Jesus!!!
Later in the morning we gave Mamaw and Papaw the cookbook I made for everyone in the family with recipes I'd gathered from Glenn's family and mine.
You can tell I'm excited about my Starbucks gift card that was in my stocking.
Joseph's not to cure what to think about the presents, he enjoyed playing with the paper and boxes more.
Emily with her "3 seated" stroller. She had asked for a 2 seated one, but we decided to just get one with 3 instead. This was the only thing she actually asked for believe it or not, so we had to order it from Toy's R Us online since no stores around had them.

We actually got to see some snow the morning after Christmas. It snowed a little bit Christmas morning, but didn't stick to anything, but this morning (Sunday) we woke up to see it on the cars and rooftop. Now I know this is nothing to you Yankee's from the north, but to us southerners it was just exciting to see it falling from the sky.
When the kids all woke up I had all (or most all) of their presents in the living room all organized. They both thought it was Christmas morning all over again, just without the mess of tissue paper and wrapping paper all over the floor to clean up. There are some gifts missing from this picture so don't get your feelings hurt if you don't see something you purchased for them, that just means they either slept with it, or played with it and I couldn't find it for the picture.

If this isn't a picture of two spoiled little kids I don't know what it. PLEASE keep in mind all of this was presents given to Emily and Joseph by, Glenn and I, Glenn's parents, aunt and sister, my parents, my Mamaw, my aunt and uncles and cousins!!! SO do not think that Glenn and I bought all this for our own 2 children. We try to not buy as much because we know our families will over do it for us! The Dora book below "It's Sharing Day" is especially for Emily considering she has been having a hard time sharing her toys with Joseph...or even sharing his toys with him. She seems to like alot of the toys he got. I will post more from Christmas day later.

No comments: