Sunday, April 25, 2010

Quite Time


Well for the moment it's quite in the Walker household. I'm sure if you have ever have kids, or have young kids now you know that quite time is hard to come by, and usually doesn't last long. But I know that this season of my life is oh so short, so I need to seize the day. Joseph has found something new he likes, his swing. We were finding ourselves rocking him when he was fussy, for what seemed like ALL DAY LONG, so I had Glenn bring up Emily's swings yesterday and he LOVES it. He'll swing and dose off for a little bit at least once a day. It gives me and my aching back a break. I would make a picture of him in it right now to post, BUT I don't want to wake him...so maybe when he's awake I will.

I went to Sunday school this morning and got to be in my class, with my friend who was filling in for me. I so have missed my little class, which has now grown to up to 9-10 kids on some Sunday's. I plan on going back next week to teach, and I'm so excited. We won't be taking Joseph though as I'd like to wait until he's had his 2 month shots...which is only another 2 weeks away. We'll work it all out though.
I'm not sure if I've posted this but Glenn's grandaddy had surgery last week for a ulcerated artery in his neck. They are pretty sure that after the surgery or during it he had a stroke, which has caused him to not be able to swallow. This week they put a feeding tube in (his stomach) and he'll be going to a nursing home this week. He'll be doing therapy and we pray will be regaining strength and will start swallowing so they can remove the feeding tube. Pray for his mom as she's in town helping Marsha Ann take care of everything. I'm sure you remember pictures I'd posted in February of his 90th birthday party. He's such a sweet man, and we pray he'll regain his strength soon.
I don't have any new pictures, but here are a few of what we've been doing in our spare time. Maybe I'll make some new pictures this week to post.

1 comment:

April :) said...

What a sweet sweet pic of the two of them!