I can't believe how time has flown...Joseph Benjamin is 4 weeks, and will be a month old tomorrow. I tried making his picture but with wild Emily around and with all his spitting up it's been hard. He hasn't been as content when he's awake as he was early on, so it makes photo shoots a little harder. I took him back to the Dr. yesterday about his reflux and they've switched him to Prevacid twice a day. I pray that it helps because I'm really concerned about all his screaming and spitting up. He won't sleep good during the day, so I hope once this medicine starts working he'll be a little more content.
They did weigh him and he's up to 9 pounds now, and 22 inches long...so he is growing. The reflux is definitely not causing him to lose weight or not gain weight. The Dr. did mention that to keep an eye out on his spitting up if it gets worse. He doesn't think it's anything more serious, but said that it could be pyloric stenosis. I pray it isn't for he'd have to have a surgery to correct the problem. It is where the muscles are too tight around the base of the stomach and intestines.



No comments:
Post a Comment