Saturday, September 12, 2009

Emily's Birthday Party




We had Emily's 3rd birthday party today, and had lots of people here. Six kids and adults to go with them. It was wild but fun. Emily enjoyed the whole day and didn't want to go to bed. Hopefully we're done with birthday things until next year. She's been doing birthday for 4 days now.

I made Emily's cake, again, and it turned out pretty cute if I don't say so myself. Curious George was the theme this year, and the cake was actually pretty easy to do. The kids loved the little edible bananas on it. One wanted to eat the yellow hat, but I thought that was a little too much sugar. I'm sad to see this day go, because I know when it comes again Emily will be turning 4!!! I can't believe she's growing up so fast. Tonight as she was getting into bed she let me hold and rock her on the floor and I sang her a little song I made up. I made me cry because I know she won't want me doing that too much longer. It reminds me of the book "Let me hold you a little while longer". That book makes me cry every time I read it.

I know that Emily is spoiled, but at least she's loved. She has MORE than enough toys and books, but more important she has family who loves her and would do anything for her. I hope we raise her to be appreciative of everything she has.

Enjoy the pictures, and I'll probably post more later.

No comments: