Monday, June 15, 2009

Mountain Trip

Sorry the pictures are before the narration... I can't get them to move. Enjoy them all, then read all about them. Obviously this first one was suppose to be the last one...Emily tuckered after the days event!!!









We made it to the mountains on Friday evening and have been enjoying our trip so far. Today was day 3 and we went to Cades Cove. Let me back up before I tell about today's adventure, let me tell about Sunday. We went to First Baptist Church Wears Valley for worship and enjoyed it too. The people were very friendly and since they just finished their VBS we felt right at home. The kids sang "Because" from the VBS music and Emily loved it. She kept saying "Boomerang Press" after the theme song, "The Boomerang Express". After church we came back to the cabin and celebrated Rhonda's birthday. That afternoon my daddy, Glenn, me and Brandy went tubing in Townsend in the ICE COLD water. At first it was very COLD but we adjusted fast. My tube almost flipped once going through the "rapids", but we were all soaked to the skin by the time we finished.

Yesterday Emily fussed alot and complained about hurting, and I noticed she had a 100 temp. last night. This morning as we were getting ready to leave she started crying again that it hurt when she went tee tee. On the way up here she cried that her back was hurting, SO with the fever I suspected that she has UTI or kidney infection. She's been very irritable and going to the bathroom ALOT. She keeps saying she has to go, but can't go much. I called Dr. Jason and finally got them to call in an antibiotic. I hated to have to take her to a clinic up here, and am just glad they called in her medicine.
After being delayed for 2 hours, we decided to still go on to Cades Cove. I'm glad we did because we saw 7 bears!!! 3 of them were cubs. We saw 3 deer too, but not as many as years before (probably b/c there were more bears this year). We were actually stopped to make a picture of us in the valley, and while we were waiting for the self-timer to shoot, a man yelled at us and said, "Hey there's a bear behind you!". We kept asking "What...What...are you serious" and then we saw him. It was so FUNNY. He wasn't close, but he got close for sure...see the pictures for yourself. After making 100 photos of this one bear we were all run off by the park ranger (even though we weren't doing anything to him). After seeing this bear up close the others were farther away.
We are all still in shock that we saw this many bears. It has been YEARS since I've seen one up here...since I was 6 years old to be exact. Emily was so worn out that she fell asleep at 3:20 and I had to wake her up at 7:00 tonight. We're up a little late tonight with her, but will be going to bed soon because we're "planning" on doing Dollywood tomorrow! Hope you all have a great week. I'll post again soon.

No comments: