I went to the electro cardiologist this morning, Dr. Oddis, and really liked him. As with any appointment he asked what's been going on...so I filled him in and told him they said I have mitral valve prolapse. He then said, "well that's good, but these symptoms you're having don't go along with prolapse." So, he came to the conclusion that he thinks I may have neurocardiogenic syncope, or "Autonomic Dysfunction", when the vessels in the heart don't constrict properly causing not enough blood to flow from the feet to the head when you stand up, or get up from laying down. He says this is fairly common, but I can't find too much online about it. He's going to do a tilt table test in January to make sure it's this and not something more serious with the electrodes of the heart. I've still been having my pulse race in the mornings when i get up. He said to keep taking the Paxil for a week and if it doesn't help he's switching me to another medicine to help my body hold sodium better. Until then he said to increase my salt and drink alot. It's funny because I've read over the information he gave me and it describes exactly what I've been experiencing.
Anyway, with all this, Emily and I are attempting to leave in the morning with my moma to go to MS a few days early before Glenn. Glenn's going to be working alot till Christmas so he told us to go on with her. I hope you all have a great rest of the week and Christmas.
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago



2 comments:
Hope they get you all fixed up soon! Maybe this Dr. know and can get the right plan of action going :)
Sounds like you're making some progress in finding a correct diagnosis! Still praying for ya! Have a safe trip and a Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment