Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Don't forget to PRAY TODAY

Election Day is finally here....I'm sure you are all sick of watching the commercials and getting phone calls like I am. I got an e-mail from a friend last night that was forwarded from Charles Stanley that I found interesting. To make it short, he had experienced a conversation with a lady who said, "I really feel terrible but it looks like Obama is going to win the election". At that Dr. Stanley was floored at the fact that she had already "given up". He was just reminding us that GOD can DO ANYTHING, but we must not forget to pray. I guess I've already given up too...but when I read that, it convicted me that I have not been praying enough. God brought this passage of scripture to me yesterday, and I hope it blesses you who read this...

"Let us approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need!" Hebrews 4:16. How we are in a time of need right now...can I get an "AMEN". Pray without ceasing today!!!

ON a lighter note, I finished Emily's turkey dress for thanksgiving yesterday. I'm still making alterations on it, but here's a picture of it. It took me FOREVER to stitch the turkey. I like projects that can be finished in a day or so, and this one took me almost 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
I am so glad we have been able to reunite. It sounds like you are doing wonderful! Thanks for asking about Brady. He is much better. Once he got the steroid and the cough medicine, he improved quickly. I do think his ear may be infected. We shall see.

How are you? Do you stil live in Macon? Let me hear from you.

Amy said...

That is too cute!