Thursday, November 20, 2008

Results from the Dr.

Well I had my appointment today with the new internist (Dr. Munna) and I am very impressed with her. She was super nice, and took time to talk to me and didn't rush to hurry it up. (Thanks Amy for the recommendation). She said that it definitely sounds like fybromialgia (spelling??), because of the pressure points and where I'm hurting. With my dizziness she said it sounds like my blood pressure is dropping when I move, stand up, and sit down. She then had the nurse come do my blood pressure lying down and then standing up. When she came back in the room she was like, "Um yeah that's it". Orthostatic Hypotension is what it's called, and I'm going to have another test run to see if it's something more serious. They'll do a "Stim" test and insert something into my body to see if it's producing enough cortisol. She said it could just be a simple thing like this and would go on medicines to help my body make more of that. She also mentioned Addison's disease, which the body also doesn't produce enough of this cortisol...I don't know much about any of it yet so we'll see what happens.

She's giving me medicine for the fybromialgia, and I'm going to try it and see if it helps. She did say that I could be hurting all over too just because I'm always forcing myself to stay balance due to the dizziness etc. We'll see. Thanks for your prayers, maybe now people won't think I'm "crazy". Hope you all have a great weekend/Thanksgiving next week. We'll be leaving for MS on Saturday and as you know I don't get to blog much while there because my parents have dial-up. Thanks again!!!


****Update Friday morning...I took the medicine last night for the Fybro and don't like it at all. I'm even more dizzy this morning and my hands have been falling asleep. I'm going to wait until all the tests are over before trying to treat this I think. We're about to leave for MS tomorrow and don't want these side effects while we're away. I'll post more soon.

No comments: