Monday, November 17, 2008

Fun in the Cold

It was the coldest day to me so far (well not really with the sun out), but it was still cold. We managed to get outside and get some sunshine this morning before lunch. Emily was so cute in her little hat and coat. We took a walk up the street and crunched in the leaves along the curbs. She did pretty good today and didn't get but 1 spanking. If you've read previous posts you'd know she's in that "Wonderful" stage of 2 right now. She's learning that if I tell her she's going to get a spanking and go to time-out if she doesn't stop doing something, or if she tells me "no" when I ask her to do something. At least she's learning she has a choice, to obey, or disobey. Parenting is definitely NOT for sissy's. God is definitely leading Glenn and I both and we continue to pray and ask for prayers for our help. (don't know why I got off on that tangent?)
A quick update on a prayer request I'd mentioned last week. My friend Jared's mom, Debbie, who has been on chemo for leukemia had a bone marrow biopsy this morning to see if there is any more cancer cells. She will find out in 2 days if she's in remission or not. PLEASE be in prayer for them as they wait. Pray for her body to be completely healed of this horrible cancer. Pray for rest and peace for all of them during this wait. She's been really tired and fighting some kind of infection over the weekend, so pray she feels good physically as her body recovers from the chemo.
I hope you have great week. Stay warm.

1 comment:

J Yates said...

Jennifer, Thanks for petitioning others to pray on my mom's behalf. God heard and has answering in a magnificant way. Praise His Name! Thank you for your continued encouragement, support and prayers.
Jared