Friday, November 28, 2008

Fun Thanksgiving in MS

We're still in MS, but I thought I'd try to blog from my moma's computer. They have dial-up so it's extremely SLOW. We got here in Saturday and have been enjoying our time with family as usual. It rained on Monday and is raining today, but we've still had a blast. We have done SO much while here, not much resting, but at least I've got alot of "babysitters" to help with Emily so for that I'm grateful. Sunday we enjoyed going to daddy's church for morning worship. Glenn and I played our dulcimers for a special music. It was neat. That night we went to my old home church's Thanksgiving supper and that was fun too, seeing all the "old" people. Emily had fun playing with Katie Ruth and other kids (of my friends).



Monday, it rained and we traveled down to Newton, MS to my Mamaw and Papaw's. He is home from the hospital, but not doing good. He told me Monday that he's tired of it and is ready to quit trying. Please pray for all of our family during this time. This will probably be the last Thanksgiving with him here. I pray he'll make it till Christmas so we can be with him then.



Tuesday, we stayed around Philadelphia and Glenn helped my daddy get things ready for the molasses making on Wednesday. They had to change the date of it because it was scheduled to rain today (which it is) so I'm glad we moved the date. SO we had the BEST time on Wednesday out at the mill. They ground daddy's sugar cane, and cooked it. They finished cooking around 3:30 or 4:00. We also had a bluegrass band that played...it was SO FUN. Hey, I'm a country girl, don't laugh.



After that finished we left for Glenn's parents in Columbus, MS and had Thanksgiving with them. We came back down here to Philly last night and are enjoying time with my brother and his family. I hope you've all had a great Thanksgiving. We'll be coming back to GA on Sunday so I'll be able to post pictures then.

No comments: