Well as you see Emily is still suffering from ear trouble. I just wanted to ask for your prayers as we figure out what is going on with her. Each time she has had an ear infection she has not been sick as I have mentioned before. I've really been praying that God would show me what to do and see what is wrong with her. Now, I'm no Dr. but God does still speak. Yesterday I decided to go on the internet and I typed in, "Cow's milk and ear infections". You wouldn't believe all the things that came up and how the two are related. I don't know what Emily's problem is, but it said that cow's milk can cause fluid to stay on the middle ear too long, causing it to become infected. One thing said that their is a bacteria in cow's milk that leads to ear infections. I don't know about that either, but I did stumble across the fact that an allergy to cow's milk can cause ear infections.
While talking to my mom last night, it dawned on me that Glenn's dad is allergic to milk and the only way they found it was he started having ear problems. He actually went partly deaf in one ear, and when they did testing found that it was due to his allergy to milk...he didn't even know he was allergic to it. He has gradually gained some hearing back, but can't eat dairy (and other things they found him allergic to, but mainly dairy). If he does I've heard him say that he can tell a difference in his ears and sinuses. Hmm...well guess what I'm taking Emily off cow's milk!!!I switched her to soy yesterday and she literally sucked it down. She has never done that with cow's milk. We have always had trouble getting her to drink her milk and maybe it's because she knew she couldn't have it. Isn't it weird how kids may know these things. Well, please pray that this will solve it, with God's healing hand of course. I have a peace that God will heal her, but I have a real peace after yesterday when God showed me that it might be due to cow's milk, since she didn't get her first ear infection a month or so after I switched her to whole milk back in December. Ever since that she's had one pretty much every month if not every 3 weeks. The fluid just won't come off!!! Now I have faith that God will start pulling that fluid off and she will stop having ear infections. It may takes months, but I know it will get better.
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago





3 comments:
Isn't it amazing what God can reveal to us when we just listen? I really hope pulling her off cow's milk works. My nephew has had about 8 ear infections since he was born. I'm not sure when they started, but I'm going to pass this info along and see if they coorelate to him too. Have a wonderful day!
So awesome that you found that. I hope the soy milk works. Love ya girl...
Diana
Wow, I think it is a great idea to try that! I pray that coming off of the milk will solve the ear problems and she/you will know this for future reference.
Post a Comment