Friday, September 14, 2012

Fun Week with Mamaw & Papaw

 Well after all our partying last week and having Emily's birthday on Sunday we had a fun week relaxing, if you call it that.  Since Emily's birthday was on Sunday, and we went out to eat after church for her, we had to do our traditional yard picnic this week!  Every year that I can remember on both kids birthday's we always have a picnic in the yard for lunch!  It's a fun thing we've been doing and we just did it on a different day but still enjoyed it! 

 I think Joseph enjoyed it the most!  Silly boy!!!  He's got this fascination with hats lately, but we don't have any boy hats...so you can probably guess what we'll be looking for this weekend.



 We had fun outside ALL week, and since the cool front came through we really enjoyed the cooler temperatures!

 We also harvest our sweet potato plants this week.  I planted one small sweet potato in the flower garden you see behind Emily and Joseph.  It was growing in a pot and had gotten out of hand and was covering up all my flowers, SO I just moved it into the flower bed in between the periwinkles you see there.
 The vine was HUGE and so were the potatoes we found growing underneath.  You see them beside Emily's foot (which is a size 13 kids size) so they were pretty big!!!


 The small ones were all the ones we got from our garden in the back, the soil wasn't as soft...the big ones were from the flower bed.  Now mind you the flower bed probably received more water too, but next year I'll be getting more fresh soft dirt for my garden, and we'll be in sweet potato business!




 We hated to see Mamaw & Papaw go, but we are just glad they got to stay the full week!!!!

No comments: