We celebrated Emily's birthday 2 days early yesterday with a zebra party. She'll be 6 tomorrow, and I can't believe she's already 6!!! She'll be 16 if I blink I guess!!! Since I've kind of gotten myself into the cake and party business this one was a piece of cake, literally!!!!! It might look like I went to alot of effort but please don't be fooled. God has definitely given me a gift and we're using it!!! The thing that took the most effort for the party was probably the little key chain I made with shrinkable plastic. I hand cut and drew a cute zebra for each guest (10) and we shrunk them and put a chain through it! I had to have Glenn's help with the chains because they were hard to hook!
The cake turned out WAY better than I'd expected, and it's my favorite zebra cake I've done so far!!!! AND the easiest too!!!
We also had zebra sticks, and fruit kabobs along with our Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets.
Getting ready for the guest to paint!! I then painted finger nails while we waited on everyone to get started with the painting.
This was my first child's party, and I'm afraid that there will be many more to come! I've already gotten 2 who are lining me up to do their child's birthday parties. It was interesting but they all did very good. With 6 year olds you can't really do too much detail, but I did have their monogram in the middle and it helped having it ready....then I had contact paper over it so they could have a clean circle when they finished.
Since it was Brayden's actual birthday, her party isn't until next Saturday, we had to sing Happy Birthday twice.
Aline gave Emily the book 14 Cows for America, which is based on a true story, and since she is from Guinea West Africa she was so excited to give it to Emily. Two of our girls had to leave early and missed the picture. The paint wasn't dried in time and I did NOT want wet paint on their clothes. They all did a great job. I just have to write a portion of Psalm 139 around their monogram and I'll deliver them tomorrow to them at church!!!! We had a blast!
Summer Art Camp 2014
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment