Monday, September 24, 2012

First week of Fall

 Well, I just had to post this picture on the blog for all those who might not have seen it on facebook.  BUT I just love it!  The kids ready for church yesterday, in front of our pumpkin on the door, which I absolutely LOVE how it turned out.  I've got 3 orders for these this week!!!!  This is my favorite time of year so I really want to spread that love to everyone else.  Emily read one of our favorite Autumn books this morning all by herself.  She was so excited because it's a "real" book...not a reader or special book for learning, a "real" book, as she said.

 We have been learning about Holland for over 3 weeks now, and today we looked at a video on how they turn sheep's wool into cloth.  I couldn't find it on Netflix, "How it's Made", which usually has EVERYTHING, but we found one.  We are learning how the pilgrims in Holland are working in the factories where they take the wool, and dye it and turn it into fabric.  We also enjoyed the cooler weather outside, and I got a few photos of some of the first colors of fall!  I guess all the cooler weather had Joseph excited because it took him 2 HOURS to finally fall asleep in his bed.  BUT we will keep on enjoying these cool days!!!!!!!





No comments: