Well we are in the dog days of summer NO doubt. August is ALWAYS the hottest month of the year to me. BUT all the stores are calling it "fall" because school has started back. So all the summer stuff is on clearance. Glenn and Emily found this sprinkler ball at walmart half price, so you know my husband he bought it. Last Saturday we had to try it out. Since it's been in the 100's this week we've enjoyed it more than once. You can tell both the kids enjoyed it but Joseph did the most I think. Emily likes more control, and enjoys just spraying things with the hose than having a pool or sprinkler out.
We had to all get popsicles afterward (and during) our playtime. This is what they all did while I worked on those butterfly wings in the garage. Joseph LOVES our fresh apple juice popsicles.
Now I know my moma will have a fit with the picture below, but we have our own little Davy Crockett. He didn't get to hold the gun long, but he was so funny walking around with his hat on with it.
Our 2nd week of homeschooling went fairly well. Joseph enjoys sitting in his little chair just like sister, while we do our morning pledge to the flags and calendar count and songs.
You can tell from below that I have to keep a close eye on him...he crawls up on everything. Yesterday we found him sitting on top of the dining room table banging the salt shaker!!! Yes he is a climber! I'm just waiting for him to walk out of his room one day after nap. Hopefully that won't happen too soon.
Emily's favorite activity this week was our counting exercise with chocolate chips. She cut out her own "cookies" out of brown paper, and I wrote a number on the back of each of them. She then had to look at the number and place the correct number of chips on the other side of the "cookie". Afterward she ate them of course! I hope you all have a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment