Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day



Since I do not have a camera right now I am at the mercy of my husband to use his cell phone camera to make pictures, and in doing so I do not have access to get them off of his phone to get them on my computer. To say all that, I will be posting pictures of our mother's day here later. But for now I focus on my own mother, Sherry Alford.

Words cannot describe who she is but I will at least try. She has always been my mother, but probably over the past 5 years we've grown even more close since I've had kids. I never knew what in to being a mother until I had kids (go figure), but these past 5 years have just given me a short glimpse of what mother hood is all about. I'm still in the early stages, but I know these will pass all too quickly, as my moma says. She has many more things to teach me when I get to the childhood & and teenage ages.

My moma is the most SELFLESS person I know. She totally gives of herself and cares not what she may miss out on. The only thing I have ever caught her saying she just has to do when we're together is get out and walk (must be where I get it from). I'm sure many of you know how she comes and stays with us to help at various times. She came and stayed when Emily was born, and she came and stayed when Joseph was born, and for both times I am more grateful than you could ever know (so is Glenn). She never once complained about getting up with the babies, or losing sleep. She never once complained about washing clothes or dishes. She just never complains...worries yes, but not complains.
You all know my moma worries about everything!!! She worries about her children, grandchildren, brothers sisters, her moma, nieces, nephews, and the lady at the check out at Wal-mart! She has a general concern for all humankind like no one else I've ever met. I once remember us being in Wal-mart and a mother was getting very frustrated with her kids (and almost too firm with them if you catch my drift), and I remember my moma stepping up to talk to the baby and kids while the mother paid. She just calmly tried to distract the kids to keep them from acting out any further. It made a big impression on me and she probably doesn't even remember it to this day...but it made an impression on me as a child to be concerned for those you are around.

I could write a whole book on my mother, but do not have the time because I have a baby who just woke up from a nap and is demanding my attention. But to close I will say that I did learn from my moma that take every minute with your children because they will be grown before you know it. Give them what they need (don't spoil them), but provide for them. My parents have been a true blessing to Glenn and I through the years as they've helped us when we've been a tight bind with finances. You don't see many parents who will drop everything they're doing to make sure their children are okay, or run to the bank to send money so they can buy groceries in a unexpected dilemma.

But like I said I can't write all that my moma has taught me on this one blog post, but in the days to come maybe I can get it all typed out. But for now I hope you all have a great Mother's Day. I know I've enjoyed a wonderful weekend (I'll post about my Mother's Day later).

No comments: